nor·di·hy·dro·guai·a·ret·ic acid | \ ¦nȯ(r)ˌdī¦hīdrō¦g(w)īə¦retik-\
Definition of nordihydroguaiaretic acid
: a crystalline derivative [(HO)2C6H3CH2CH(CH3)−]2 of pyrocatechol obtained especially from the creosote bush or made synthetically and used in trace amounts as an antioxidant to prevent rancidity of lard and other fats or oils —abbreviation NDGA
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?