plural noobs also noobies
Definition of noob
: a person who has recently started a particular activity : newbie … The Burning owes a lot to Friday the 13th, for obvious reasons, though it's now most-remembered for a cast that includes Holly Hunter, Fisher Stevens, and Jason Alexander, all showbiz noobs back in 1981.— Cheryl Eddy Parkour websites post daily homework in the form of push-ups and other exercises, and some veterans urge "noobies" not to show up for training sessions until they can run a good three miles.— Alice Park
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game