non·uniformist | \ "+\
Definition of nonuniformist
: a person who believes that past changes in the structure of the earth have proceeded from cataclysms or processes more violent than are now operating
— called also nonuniformitarian
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game