Definition of nonspeech
: something (such as a vocal sound) that is not speech Indeed, until very recently the studies upon which this widely held belief was founded were not actually designed to test infants' preference for speech over nonspeech.— Jenny R. Saffran et al. —usually used before another noun students with nonspeech disabilities nonspeech sounds
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?