Definition of nonspecialist
: a person who does not specialize in a particular occupation, practice, or branch of learning : a person who is not a specialist The geometry text is clear enough for the nonspecialist to understand. As always in his writing for nonspecialists, Mr. Gould draws clever connections to popular culture.— James Gleick —often used before another noun a presentation geared toward nonspecialist audiences
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game