Definition of nonmonetarist
: a person who does not subscribe to the economic theory of monetarism They still cherish the hope of reducing the deficits through new cuts in federal spending, a hope that the nonmonetarists find entirely unrealistic.— Lindley H. Clark Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game