plural noni or nonis
Definition of noni
1 : an evergreen shrub or small tree (Morinda citrifolia) of the madder family that is native from southeastern Asia to Australia but is now widely distributed and cultivated in other warm regions and that has glossy green leaves, white tubular flowers, and a yellowish-white, many-seeded, oval fruit with an unpleasant, cheesy smell when ripe
— called also Indian mulberry
Note: The roots, bark, leaves, and fruit of the noni have been used in folk and herbal medicine.
2 : the fruit of the noni also : a juice or dietary supplement prepared from the fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game