Definition of nonintercourse
1 : something (such as physical contact) that is not sexual intercourse —usually used before another noun nonintercourse sex
2 : suspension or absence of dealings or relations especially : suspension by one country of commercial relations with another When Napoleon declared that French edicts against United States shipping would be lifted, Madison declared nonintercourse against Great Britain in March 1811. — Mary Beth Norton et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game