plural noni or nonis
Definition of noni
1 : an evergreen shrub or small tree (Morinda citrifolia) of the madder family that is native from southeastern Asia to Australia but is now widely distributed and cultivated in other warm regions and that has glossy green leaves, white tubular flowers, and a yellowish-white, many-seeded, oval fruit with an unpleasant, cheesy smell when ripe
— called also Indian mulberry
Note: The roots, bark, leaves, and fruit of the noni have been used in folk and herbal medicine.
2 : the fruit of the noni also : a juice or dietary supplement prepared from the fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?