plural noni or nonis
Definition of noni
1 : an evergreen shrub or small tree (Morinda citrifolia) of the madder family that is native from southeastern Asia to Australia but is now widely distributed and cultivated in other warm regions and that has glossy green leaves, white tubular flowers, and a yellowish-white, many-seeded, oval fruit with an unpleasant, cheesy smell when ripe
— called also Indian mulberry
Note: The roots, bark, leaves, and fruit of the noni have been used in folk and herbal medicine.
2 : the fruit of the noni also : a juice or dietary supplement prepared from the fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game