Definition of noncolor
: a drab or muted color or a color such as black, white, or gray as distinguished from red, blue, yellow, etc. … the furniture is upholstered in fabrics that are natural not only in fiber but in color. … Only a few notes of red, in a small table and a pair of chests, punctuate the range of noncolors.— Joan Chatfield-Taylor —often used before another noun noncolor photography [=black and white photography]
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?