non·a·co·sane | \ ˌnänəˈkōˌsān\
Definition of nonacosane
: a paraffin hydrocarbon C29H60 especially : the crystalline normal hydrocarbon CH3(CH2)27CH3
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game