no flies onidiom
Definition of no flies on
chiefly British, informal
—used to describe someone as quick to understand things and not easily fooled That chap is brilliant—there are no flies on him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game