nitrate of iron
Definition of nitrate of iron
: a dark red chiefly ferric sulfate liquid made usually by oxidizing a solution of ferrous sulfate with nitric acid and used as a mordant in dyeing
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game