plural nip slips or nip-slips
Definition of nip slip
: accidental and usually public exposure of a woman's nipple The Oscars is an elegant event, but even a classy affair couldn't stop an inevitable nip slip.— Ashleigh Schmitz As most know, Super Bowl coverage in the past has seen its fair share of turmoil. Most infamously, Janet Jackson's legendary nip-slip of 2004 almost cost CBS more than $500,000 in Federal Communications Commission fines.— Lee McDade
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game