plural nip slips or nip-slips
Definition of nip slip
: accidental and usually public exposure of a woman's nipple The Oscars is an elegant event, but even a classy affair couldn't stop an inevitable nip slip.— Ashleigh Schmitz As most know, Super Bowl coverage in the past has seen its fair share of turmoil. Most infamously, Janet Jackson's legendary nip-slip of 2004 almost cost CBS more than $500,000 in Federal Communications Commission fines.— Lee McDade
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game