nie·rem·ber·gia | \ ˌnirəmˈbərjēə, -rgēə\
Definition of nierembergia
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical American creeping herbs (family Solanaceae) having solitary white or purple flowers and a slender corolla tube bearing five exserted stamens at its apex
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Nierembergia
— called also cupflower
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?