variants: or nickel tetracarbonyl
Definition of nickel carbonyl
: a volatile flammable poisonous liquid compound Ni(CO)4 obtained by passing carbon monoxide over finely divided nickel and readily decomposed by heating
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?