variants: or less commonly nevell \ ˈnevəl \
nevelled; nevelled; nevelling; nevels also nevells
Definition of nevel
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to beat with the fists
Definition of nevel (Entry 2 of 2)
variant of nebel
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?