variants: or less commonly neuromotor apparatus
Definition of neuromotor system
: a system of noncontractile cytoplasmic fibrils that is often associated with a motorium in various protozoans and may be analogous to the nervous system of higher forms
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game