Definition of nettle tree
1 : a tree of the genus Celtis (especially C. australis)
2 : a tree of the genus Laportea especially : australian nettle tree
3 : a tree of the genus Trema
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game