ne·ri·ta | \ nə̇ˈrītə\
Definition of nerita
1 capitalized : the type genus of Neritidae comprising marine snails with the shell short and smooth or spirally ridged and with a thick usually toothed outer lip and a toothed operculum
2 plural -s : any mollusk of the genus Nerita — see bleeding tooth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?