neo·mor·pho·sis | \ ˌnēəˈmȯrfəsə̇s, -ˌmȯrˈfōs-\
Definition of neomorphosis
: regeneration in which one part is replaced by an unlike part (as production of a leg in place of an antenna)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game