negro bugnoun, sometimes capitalized N
Definition of negro bug
: any of numerous minute convex black bugs that constitute the genus Corimelaena and that feed on plant juices and impart a foul taste to fruits (as raspberries) over which they crawl especially : a common pest (C. pulicaria) of the U.S. east of the Rocky mountains that is sometimes very destructive to celery, corn, and wheat
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game