Definition of needle trade
: any of the various businesses involved in the manufacture of clothing —usually used in plural with the immigrants worked as peddlers or entered the expanding needle trades — American Guide Series: New York City
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game