Definition of needle board
1 : a board covered with very short fine wires that is used for pressing pile fabrics
2a : the perforated board in a jacquard mechanism through which the ends of the actuating needles project
b : a board carrying the needles in a punch loom or needle loom
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game