Definition of needle board
1 : a board covered with very short fine wires that is used for pressing pile fabrics
2a : the perforated board in a jacquard mechanism through which the ends of the actuating needles project
b : a board carrying the needles in a punch loom or needle loom
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game