:the quality or state of being necessary
- He questioned the necessity for the change.
:pressure of circumstance
- The plane was compelled by necessity to change its course.
:physical or moral compulsion
- did it, not because he wanted to, but by necessity
:impossibility of a contrary order or condition
- submittimg to the necessity imposed by the physical laws of the universe
:the quality or state of being in need;
- had come to help them in their necessity
:something that is necessary :requirement
- Many families could not afford the bare necessities of life.
:an urgent need or desire
- When his father collapsed, an ambulance became a necessity.
:in such a way that it cannot be otherwise;
:as a necessary consequence
- further changes will occur of necessity