Definition of naya paisa
Note: When India adopted the decimal system of coinage in 1957, the subdivision of the rupee was called naya paisa to distinguish it from the old paisa which was still in circulation. Under decimalization, the rupee is divided into 100 paise instead of the predecimalization 64.
Keep scrolling for more
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game