nau·pa·ka | \ nau̇ˈpäkə\
Definition of naupaka
: a Hawaiian shrub (Scaevola frutescens) of the family Goodeniaceae found in mountains and near the coast and conspicuous for their white flowers that look like half flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?