Definition of nature study
: a study of the objects and phenomena of nature (as birds, flowers, minerals, and weather) usually on an amateur or superficial basis botany is taught in every high school and nature study in the grades — American Botanist
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game