Definition of natural religion
: a religion validated on the basis of human reason and experience apart from miraculous or supernatural revelation specifically : a religion that is universally discernible by all men through the use of human reason apart from any special revelation — compare revealed religion
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game