Definition of nashi
- Although it can be pickled or used in cooked desserts, the nashi is at its best when used raw because the delicately flavored cut fruit does not turn brown when exposed to air.
- —Pat Pace, Kansas City Star, 10 Mar. 1999
- Nashis are very juicy and make an excellent thirst quencher but are rather bland in flavour.
- —Sue Bennett, Daily Telegraph (Australia), 6 May 2006
- Juicing fruit is one of the easiest ways to make the most of your backyard harvest, and apple and nashi pear juice is a particularly delicious combination.
- —Jennifer Wilkinson, The Age (Melbourne, Australia), 18 Apr. 2009