Definition of narrow-leaved plantain
: a plantain (Plantago lanceolata) with long narrow ribbed leaves tapering to a point at the ends that is native to Eurasia but is widely naturalized as a weed
— called also buckhorn, English plantain, narrowleaf plantain, ribgrass, ribwort
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game