na·ran·ji·lla | \ ˌnärənˈhēlyə\
Definition of naranjilla
1 : a shrubby perennial herb (Solanum quitoense) cultivated in the uplands of northern South America for its tomentose edible bright orange fruits that resemble tomatoes or small oranges
2 : the richly flavored acid fruit of the naranjilla also : a beverage made from this fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?