Definition of nana
: the mother of one's father or mother : grandmother … my nana's commonsense wisdom still resonates. She told me it's not important what people say they do, it's what they do that counts. — Ms. The Detroit rapper [Big Sean] hopped on Instagram on Monday … to send out a heartfelt tribute to his nana, who he says has a special place in armed forces lineage.— C. Vernon Coleman II — often used as a form of address "I don't know, Nana," said Eufala … . "It doesn't look very much like a car."— Kathleen Lane and Cabell Harris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game