Definition of name tag
: a piece of paper, cloth, plastic, or metal that has a person's name written on it and that is attached to the person's clothing She handed out name tags for people to wear at the conference. I didn't notice the supervisor's name tag on his uniform.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game