Definition of n-stem
: any of a group of Indo-European stem formatives that consist of an n with vowel determined by ablaut or that contain an n as the final element (such as the neuter abstract noun suffix *-mn̥-, in the genitive case *-men-s)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?