Definition of myrtle oak
: a small shrubby oak (Quercus myrtifolia) of the southeastern U.S. that has stiff much-branched stems and small glossy oval to oblong dark green leaves and that often forms nearly impenetrable thickets in sandy coastal areas
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?