Definition of myrtle oak
: a small shrubby oak (Quercus myrtifolia) of the southeastern U.S. that has stiff much-branched stems and small glossy oval to oblong dark green leaves and that often forms nearly impenetrable thickets in sandy coastal areas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game