my·ce·to·cyte | \ mīˈsētəˌsīt\
Definition of mycetocyte
: a cell in various insects (as most true bugs) of a type that contains unicellular and probably symbiotic fungi and is usually clustered with others of its kind into paired mycetomes
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game