muscle inphrasal verb
muscled in; muscling in; muscles in
Definition of muscle in
: to use force or influence in a way that is wrong or unwanted in order to become involved in something for selfish reasons —usually + on His competitors have tried to muscle in on his business.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?