Definition of mural crown
1 : an open crown of gold having the upper rim indented to resemble a battlement bestowed among the ancient Romans on one that first mounted the wall of a besieged place and lodged a standard there
2 or mural coronet : a representation of an embattled open crown in heraldry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?