Definition of mundane house
: one of the twelve equal sectors in which the celestial sphere is divided in judicial astrology by six great circles intersecting at the north and south points of the horizon and which are regarded as fixed with respect to the horizon, the stars and planets passing through them each 24 hours — see horoscope
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?