Definition of multitasker
: someone or something that performs multiple tasks : one that multitasks:
a : a person who can perform or manage many tasks at the same time The ultimate multitasker, he routinely had a half-dozen or more projects under contract at the same time, all of which would be seen to timely completion.— Mark S. Micale
b : something that has many functions or uses Skin is our largest organ, and it's a multitasker: It retains fluids while protecting us from bacteria and other foreign objects, it insulates, and it facilitates hair growth and perspiration.— Rebecca Skloot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?