mul·ga | \ ˈməlgə\
plural mulgas or mulga
Definition of mulga
1a : a widely distributed irregular and often shrubby Australian acacia (Acacia aneura) that has usually linear grayish green phyllodes, yields a very hard tough heavy wood, and is an important forage plant in much of the drier part of Australia
b : any of several other Australian acacias that resemble mulga broadly : any Australian tree of scrubby growth and notably hard wood
2 : the wood of a mulga
3 or mulga scrub or mulga country : arid land of Australia on which the mulga (Acacia aneura) is the dominant form of vegetation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?