mu·let·ta | \ m(y)üˈletə\
Definition of muletta
: a Portuguese coasting ship that is similar to a tartan, has a large lateen sail, uses a jumble of sails when fishing, and has a pointed bow painted with a human eye
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game