variants: or less commonly muffaletta
Definition of muffuletta
: a sandwich made with round Italian bread and filled usually with cold cuts, cheese, and olive salad The muffuletta is one of the great sandwiches of New Orleans.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game