mu·con·ic acid | \ (ˈ)myü¦känik-\
Definition of muconic acid
: a crystalline unsaturated acid (CHCHCOOH)2 obtained indirectly from mucic acid and formed by oxidation of benzene in the animal body; 1,3-butadiene-1,4-dicarboxylic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game