muck outphrasal verb
mucked out; mucking out; mucks out
Definition of muck out
: to clean (the place where a farm animal lives) : to remove animal waste and dirty hay, sawdust, etc., from (a place, such as a barn) We went to the barn to muck out the stalls.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game