mow downphrasal verb
mowed down; mowed down or mown down; mowing down; mows down
Definition of mow down
: to kill or knock down (a person or many people) in a sudden and violent way The soldiers were mowed down by machine guns. The car mowed down four pedestrians.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game