Definition of mouse-tailed bat
: any of several rather small insectivorous bats (genus Rhinopoma) having a long tail, a reduced interfemoral membrane, and two joints to the index finger and being widely distributed in northern Africa and southern Asia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game