Definition of mountain juniper
: a depressed or trailing juniper that is a variety (Juniperus communis saxatilis) of the common juniper, occurs in exposed places and mountains chiefly in northeastern North America, and has short broad curved pointed leaves with a broad white stripe
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game